We are looking for a community manager in NY. Here is a copy of ad posted to Columbia Business School board.
Check it out and forward it to people you think might be interested in this.
This is a (paid) independent contractor position.
ShoutEm is a venture-backed startup in the mobile application platform space. You can learn more about us by checking out www.shoutem.com.
We’re looking for a Community Manager/Blogger who will use every online avenue possible to get EVERYONE in the know about our company. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Digg, loves to blog, comment on other people’s blogs and share, connect, learn and grow!
Here’s what we need you to do:
· Post to our blog, forums, and anywhere else you can think of.
· Share ideas, stories, rants & raves, jokes, videos and podcasts that are business related.
· Moderate our own message board and public comment areas.
· Reach out to influential sites, blogs, developers, coders, creatives and small businesses and share the excitement about ShoutEm.
· Dream up, organize, execute and promote ShoutEm community events like member drives, special projects and marketing initiatives.
· Act as community liaison to make sure we hear and understand the needs of our community and its members.
· Be our eyes, ears, and voice in the world of social media and make sure we are engaged where we need to be.
· Track the performance of, and report on, your efforts using metrics from web traffic, events, forum and blog activity, etc.
· Research and develop new strategies across all social networks .
· Attend NY metro tech/startup events related to ShoutEm
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
· Be passionate about all things mobile & be more internet savvy than anyone else you know.
· Have lots of past blog experience & is an avid Twitterer. We would love to see your blog or blogs you have contributed to.
· Have amazing writing skills with just the right tone for ShoutEm. Write with humor, wit, and intelligence.
· Be entirely self-motivated. Your daily tasks will include shaping the direction of our social media strategy and share, connect, and learn from others. It’s up to you to make the most out of the freedom given to you.
· Have some experience with WordPress (and/or other content management systems), Twitter and Facebook.
· Be very creative and think out of the box.
· Have a strong interest in the startup scene and long term aspirations to join it.
What We Have To Offer:
· A monthly stipend of $1,000
· A flexible schedule
· The possibility of this turning into a full time marketing position
What To Do Now:
· Apply for the job by sending an email with your background info, any of your existing blog posts, and your social networking identities to email@example.com
Impress us! Convince us that YOU are the best person for the job!